House Captain Elections will be conducted in Assembly this week. A hallmark of the houses system, the house captains help provide leadership for their houses throughout the year in various events and activities. Every house will be voting for ONE house captain and ONE vice captain.
The roles and responsibilities of the House Captains are as follows:
- Organising and preparing their houses for different school events and activities
- Planning house strategy
- Communicating with Student Council
- Relaying information from the Student Council to their houses
- Motivating and providing support to members of their houses
- Building house spirit.
The roles and responsibilities of the Vice House Captain are as follows:
- Assisting the House Captain in his/her duties
- Providing leadership for their house in the event of the House Captain’s absence
- Taking up the role of House Captain in the event where the House Captain is a DP student writing exams.
There are no restrictions set on grade level; anyone can run for House Captain. If you do choose to run, you will be asked to declare your candidacy with the Student Council and the teacher House Head at this week’s assembly. You will also need to prepare a one-minute speech to give to your house.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Ken at firstname.lastname@example.org or ask via the Student Council LINE official account.