And we’re back from the winter break with another #RELATABLE article! It’s been quite a few days since school started, and to be honest, many of you may have fallen victim to the lure of procrastination (like, why even bother with a New Year’s Resolution?).
You start by doing your work, and then end up staying awake because you took another quiz on which 2016 meme you are. So, here are a few instances which you’ll relate to if you’ve been there:
- When your teacher says something with a smile and you didn’t process that because you’re dying a little on the inside (owing to an all-nighter)
- *after pulling an all-nighter*
Friend: You don’t look so good, you tired?
Me: Nah, I’m doing great! *goes to PE class*
- *has an entire lab report to complete*
*watches an extra YouTuber who got poisoned because YOLO*
- When you can’t concentrate on work that’s overdue already, and your friend just won’t let you
- When you got about two minutes of sleep in the first week itself and everybody’s like “I feel great after organizing my schedule this year!”
- When you resolve to NEVER procrastinate and be more organized in life and get more sleep, but then after 3 seasons/books/videos/movies/whatever it is that you do:
- When you start getting ideas on how to give up/skive off that summative debate already (WHICH EQUALS TO MORE SLEEP AYE)
- When the teacher announces that the assignment is due in the next class, but you have just the title page ready, and you give up even more sleep
- Hitting your friend(s) up with this plea for help
- That feeling when they actually have time and agree to help
- When you accidentally fall asleep but the teacher says your name out loud, for a reason that you don’t even know
- When the teacher picks on you right when you’re dreaming about an actual nap *cue in-class mini cardiac arrest*
- When you vowed to be a better you this year, but, well.
Hope you all have a good year ahead, though.