Have you noticed that around the school people are reading? People have been seen reading everything from Animal Farm to Cinder to The City of Bones.
If you are wondering why that is, it may be because…
- Students now have regular time set aside in their schedule just to read
- Students have choices about what they can read, because choice is important
- Students are being invited to share their reading recommendations with friends, in student planned activities
- Reading is being modelled, and celebrated, throughout the school
- The library is being added to regularly, and the selection of books to choose from is growing
So the next time you are walking by a classroom or relaxing on the stairs, take a look around and see if you can see the title of what someone is reading.
“The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more you learn, the more places you’ll go.”— Dr. Seuss