If you know me at all you’re probably very annoyed that I won’t stop talking about The Greatest Showman and listening to the soundtrack on repeat. But cut me some slack! It was a fabulous movie. For those who haven’t seen the movie here’s a little synopsis (don’t worry there are no spoilers, I’m not evil).
Inspired by the imagination of P. T. Barnum, The Greatest Showman is an original musical that celebrates the birth of show business & tells of a visionary who rose from nothing to create a spectacle that became a worldwide sensation.
Basically it’s a movie about a guy who was a very poor child and then grew up to be a rich circus conductor. (Okay it doesn’t sound interesting when I put it like that but trust me it’s great).
Now you’re probably wondering why it’s so great, so here we go:
- BRILLIANT cast. Zac Efron. Hugh Jackman. Zendaya. Need I go on?
- Super cute childhood romance that progresses as the characters grow up.
- People dancing on tables.
- A guy who’s basically a dog.
- Really brilliant effects – such as a CGI elephant (or could it have been a real elephant??)
- Brillant themes about taking risks and following your dreams and *tears up* about being yourself and not being afraid of being different.
- A fantastic swedish (I think she’s swedish?) singer who honestly sounds like magic (if magic could sing?)
I mean there’s a CIRCUS. How can you not like circuses? I mean as soon as you heard the word “circus” you should have been captivated.
If my little list didn’t convince you then maybe some words from other KIS students might:
“It was great.” – Sebastian G9
“Very decent.” – Dominic G7
See! You don’t have to just take my word for it, you have those lovely comments too. So now go watch The Greatest Showman again if you have already, and watch it for the first time if you haven’t! And if you haven’t you should go quickly because I think it’s out of theatres soon…you could always stream it but I *cough* don’t condone that *cough*.
3 Comments Add yours
I don’t think it’s much of words from “other KIS Students”, I think it’s more of your brothers… hahaha but great posts.
well my brothers are technically KIS students 😇
LikeLiked by 1 person
I just saw it at the weekend – it was so worth the wait!
LikeLiked by 2 people