The following article was written by Anais (G9).
Student council will be organizing a Volleyball Competition during lunchtime on February 12-15 and the 20th for the finals. The event will be taking place on the MYP basketball court from 12:40 to 1:00 pm. This event will be a proper volleyball competition, with proper sets, bumps and spikes.
Information regarding the game:
- 6 players on the court; 3 boys 3 girls.
- They will be two sets, one for Grade 6-8 and one for Grade 9-12.
- Duration: Each match will consist of 4-minute halves, with a 2-minute halftime break to swap grade levels for each house.
- Girls are allowed to play twice during the qualifiers while boys are only allowed to play once, however, both boys and girls are allowed to play again in the finals.
- If the house captain does not have a team ready, the house will automatically lose to the opposing team.
- Every student participating must be wearing their house shirts.
- House captains are responsible for organizing the teams, if the teams are not ready, the house will automatically lose to the opponent.
- Each match will be 10 minutes in total, 4 minutes per set, and a 2-minute break.
- Points will be awarded once the ball lands on the ground on the opposing team’s side
- The points from set 1, and set 2 will be added up together to determine the teams playing in the finals.
Poster by Prince (G9).