To those of you who are oblivious to what happens at school the drama club put on the play Arabian Nights on the 14th, 15th and 16th. To those of you who were aware of that: thank you for paying attention 🙂
Many of you went to see the show but for those of you who didn’t here’s what it’s about:
Arabian Nights is a story being told by a character Scheherazade to Shahryar (a Prince. I think). The story she tells him is Aladdin (if you don’t know the story of Aladdin I really can’t help you). The story of Aladdin teaches Shahryar lessons about being a good ruler and the audience learns a good story can change people.
Yes I know that was incredibly vague but if you wanted to know the story you should have gone to see the play!
Anyway, needless to say I loved the play (why else would I be writing this?) and here’s why:
- There were LOTS of glittery costumes and I loved it. (Actually all the costumes and makeup in general were fantabulous).
- Awesome song and dance numbers (that I knew all the words to because DISNEY).
- THE FOG MACHINE.
- The lighting and sound were really great – every time the clap of thunder would go off at the right time I would be so impressed (if I was doing that job I probably would have pressed the button at all the wrong times).
- It was actually really funny – definitely some great lines and scenes.
- Also it was really satisfying when the guards ran into the barrels during the market scene.
AND OF COURSE what made the show so great was the fantastically talented actors and singers and dances (and of course the backstagers and tech crew) who I’m so impressed by and yeah just everyone’s so brilliant and I genuinely did love the play so much.
Before I finish this review it wouldn’t be complete without some words from other KIS students so let’s see what they had to say:
“It was nice having audience interaction. Except when I was called a peasant.” – Aki G11
“I wish I went.” – Mansi G11
“Dude same. “ – Avi G11
“Pretty decent.” – Dominic G6
“Mediocre.” – Sebastian G9
“Truly awful – the director should be ashamed” – Mr Chris
“Get these people out of my school” – Ms Sally
And Soojin (G11) would like to say “Thank you for making my 2 hours feel magical.” (What a darl).
Photo Credits: Ohm G11