The house captain elections will be taking place on September 6. If you are interested in becoming a captain, please fill out this form.
- You must be in Grade 11 or 12.
- Members of the Student Council are not allowed to run for house captain (or vice captain).
- You should love your house! (Don’t just do it for CAS.)
Here is how the elections will work:
- Sign-ups close on September 4.
- You must give a one-minute speech on September 6 in assembly (which will take place during period 5).
- After all the candidates have given their speeches, the student body will cast their vote.
- Results will be released on September 7 on KIS Today.
- Organise sign-up sheets for house-based events.
- Relay information from Student Council (SC) to the house.
- Show up to all SC events and support your house. 🙂
- Occasionally, SC may ask you to help run some events.
- Hype your house. That means encouraging students in your house to take part in Social Media Challenges, sports competitions and other house-based events.
Vice-Captain election process
The vice-captain must be an MYP student. The primary role of the vice-captain is to collaborate with the captain and help out with all the aforementioned responsibilities.
- Candidates will present themselves to the elected captains in an after-school meeting.
- They must explain to the captain why they are the best person for the role.
- The captain will select his/her vice-captain.