Hi everyone! This ones about Mr. Tim, so if you’d like to know more about our teacher, read on 🙂
- First and foremost, what subjects do you teach and to whom (MYP and/or DP)?
MYP Grade 9 and 10 Individuals and Societies(I&S) and Grade 11 DP Business Management.
- Next, what would you like or want all of us to know about yourself? (Just some basic details like where you’re from, what you did before coming to KIS, places you’ve been to/would like to visit, etc.)
From: United States – Chicago; grew up on a cow farm in Iowa
Where I’ve lived: US, China, Turkey, and now Thailand.
How long I have been teaching: 7 years
Degree: Bachelors of Science in Architectural Engineering
Before KIS: I was teaching in Istanbul, Turkey for the last three years before coming to KIS.
- Any hobbies, passions, interests that you like to indulge in?
Travel, architecture, history, exercise, running, movies and food!
- Any pet peeves at all?
My pet peeves are not being on time, lack of planning and procrastination.
- Have you enjoyed your time at KIS so far? How so?
KIS has been great, extremely welcoming and friendly. The students are wonderful, enthusiastic and excited to learn.
- If you are new to Thailand, please tell us about how you feel being here.
I’ve visited Thailand several times before moving here to teach at KIS but I’m very excited to be living in Bangkok. I enjoy trying tons of local food and visiting local hangouts. So always looking for good recommendations.
- What do you love most about the subject(s) that you’re currently teaching? Have they always been of interest to you?
I am passionate about both history and business. I think both are invaluable skills that will help everyone in their future. I think we can avoid many problems in our lives by better understanding the events of the past. Also, if you understand how businesses work it makes you a smarter customer.
- Lastly, would you like to impart any advice for students in the MYP or DP, or just all of us in general?
Planning and organization are skills that will greatly benefit you throughout your life. If you develop strong skills in these areas it will pay huge dividends.
Thanks for letting us know so much more about you, Mr. Tim. Although this might be a bit late, welcome to KIS 🙂