Despite the constant pressures of grade 12 I have managed to see Bohemian Rhapsody, not once, but twice (and speaking honestly, will probably see it at least one more time before the year is out). Needless to say, I loved this movie. Just in case you have no idea what I’m talking about, here’s the trailer:
Now, because this review is supposed to convince you guys to go to the movie I’m going to try avoid spoilers, so here’s why Bohemian Rhapsody was so great ~ without spoilers ~
- AMAZING soundtrack. Obviously. The movie is about Queen, so duh. If you don’t know much about Queen I guarantee you’ll find yourself singing along to at least one of the songs. And if you do love Queen then this tweet below might sound familiar:
- Rami Malek is an f a n t a s t i c actor. Actually all of them are fantastic. And the similarity between band members and their actor counterparts is uncanny. They even made a set of fake teeth for Rami so he’d look more like Freddie.
- The friendship between the band members. So sweet. So wholesome.
- CATS. Freddie has so many cats. And they’re all purrfect 😉
- The movie is actually so funny. The band members are hilarious and there are great one-liners from all of them.
- Also, the creation of the songs themselves are iconic and hilarious in themselves. Bohemian Rhapsody is obviously a masterpiece so you gotta watch the movie just to see the creation of that song.
- Oh, and as well as a lot of good laughs, expect a lot of tears. I cried both times I saw the movie. I cry thinking about it. I’m crying right now. (Okay, that might be an exaggeration, but you get it).
I can’t really think of anything else to say that won’t spoil the movie, so to finish this review I’ll add in a wise word from another fan of the movie.
“Good.” – Maho, G12
See? If you don’t want to take my word for it, take Maho’s 🙂 Now go watch that movie!